Friday, April 25, 2008

TGIF





Thank God its Friday....and my surgery is over. Let the weekend begin.
My day started last Monday (4/14). I was admitted to CHOP for some testing because I was on oxygen for 2 weeks. About a month ago, I turned blue on mom a couple of times and we went to the local hospital where they sent me home with o2, hoping mom could wean me off of it. 2 weeks later my pediatrician said that it was important to get to the bottom of it.. so I came to CHOP to be admitted by Pulmonary. The did all sorts of tests again. I kept passing them, until they gave me a milk test. I am a big fan of the cow, and its not like I am pro-chicken vs pro-cow,..but for the love of dairy, the milk was getting into my airway path. In addition to that, I was having reflux and its hard for me to swallow at times. The area was irritated and it was hard for me to breathe at times. So they put this NG tube up my nose, and it went down to my tummy. The nurses fed me formula this way for a little while until the doctor can hook me up with the Tube Master Gee. aka "G tube". This was a job for surgery at CHOP. They are the masters of this procedure, so I am told. So mom, dad, and me wait to hear when the sugery takes place. and we wait, and wait, and wait and I have been in the hospital for 10 days...meanwhile Mom needs get a procedure done before she goes back to work, Dad's business needs him (and I need him to keep his business): he had to cancel a business trip, and my 3 brothers have lots of activities going on at home... my Grandmothers are taking care of my brothers when my parents are with me, and my Aunts will sit with me when my parents are with my brothers. I told you I am a rare girl, I have been blessed with a great family. Surgery FINALLY they told my parents when the surgery was....Friday. Mom's procedure went well, Dad's work still needs to get caught up but he was here all day for my surgery... I AM Daddy's girl ya know ;)
My oldest brother is hitting doubles in baseball, and my other brothers are so funny. My parents are trying to keep life "normal" as much as possible. I am sleeping and taking it easy here, because I can't wait to get back home where I belong. All the doctors say "She looks really good" about me...of course I do, I take after my Aunt ;)

No comments: